Last Updated on by
Bathroom vanities with dovetail drawers are sought after because of their strength and resilience. Dowels have the tendency to come loose after opening and closing drawers many times. This requires constant retightening of bolds and adjusting the alignment of the drawers to make sure that everything is fitting. Nobody wants a vanity that’s going to fall apart.
Those who are looking for quality vanities that will last for decades know that the type of joint used on drawers is very important. It’s just as important as the material being used to make the cabinets. Here is a list of 18 of my favorite bathroom vanities made with dovetail drawers.
What are Dovetail Drawers
Dovetail drawers are built using dovetail joints, a special type of joint in cabinetry that is known for its resistance to being pulled apart (tensile strength). A dovetail joint uses a series of pins cut in a way that extends from the end of one board and interlocks with a series of “tails” cut into the end of the other board. These pins are shaped into the form of a trapezoid. Light glue is used as an added precaution but after that, dovetail joints do not need any screws, bolts, or brackets.
Dovetail drawers are much, much stronger than dowels seen in low-grade furniture. This is why some vanities look the same but cost much more. They are made of high quality materials like solid wood and rubber wood.
Sagehill Designs makes their vanities with dovetail drawers. They’ve created this excellent slideshow that demonstrates the care and attention that they put into the construction of their cabinets.
18 Vanities with Dovetail Drawers
1. Java Single Bath Vanity
2. Bridgeport Double Sink Vanity
3. Blakely Manor Single Vanity
4. Continental Double Sink Vanity
5. Union Square Vanity
6. New Haven
7. Cottage Retreat
8. Fairfield Honey Double Sink Vanity
9. Worotan Single Bath Vanity
10. American Craftsman
11. Pearl White Milford Vanity
12. Richview Single
13. Victorian Single Vanity with Dovetail Drawers
14. Causal Essence Dovetail Vanity
15. 70″ Luton Open Space Vanity
16. Somerset Single Bath Vanity
17. Lincoln Street Floating Bath Vanity
18. Pearl White Colchester Double Sink Vanity
This is just a sample of the vanities you can find at Tradewinds Imports.com. Browse thousand of vanities by visiting their homepage.
Tips to Help You Buy a Quality Vanity:
- The 5 Best Bathroom Vanity Brands
- What’s the Best Material for a Bathroom Vanity Cabinet
- The Best 48 Inch Bathroom Vanities for Mid-Sized Layouts
- Comfort Height Bathroom Vanities: A Shift to the New Standard
About the Author
Cheryl Khan is a designer and writer at Tradewinds Imports.com, an online specialty site dedicated to retailing fine bathroom furnishings. She has extensive knowledge about all the finer details that go into planning the perfect bath renovation project and is an expert on all things bathroom! Send her your bathroom Q’s on twitter @SuperInteriors!