Last Updated on by
Home owners tend to spend tons of money re-doing their bathrooms to make them look more inviting and relaxing. People spend tones of time in the bathroom taking showers, and baths and even getting ready for work. One fact that you may have not known is that the bathroom is the most used room in the house!
There are tons of other facts about the bathroom that you may or may not want to know. Either way, they are pretty interesting!
– People spend about three years of their life on the toilet.
– Food particles and blood left on the toothbrush can overtime become harmful. To clean them, put a drop of anti-microbial oil on them such as peppermint to dissuade bacteria from flourishing.
– Faucets and the sink have high leveles of bacteria because they are often wet.
– Hand towels and loofahs should be switched out frequently as they are a great place for bacteria to call home and feed on dead skin cells. Re-using them can then spread this bacteria around.
– The toilet is one of the cleanest surfaces in the entire bathroom.
– A toilet uses more water than any other home appliance. Close to 20 gallon a day per person.
– Vinegar is a great way to get rid of toilet odors.
– Americans use 400 millions tubes of toothpaste a year. That’s a lot of clean teeth!Toothpaste (Photo credit: wwarby)
– Using a paper towel to dry your hands will decrease bacteria levels by 29%. Using a hand dryer increases bacterial levels by almost 162% because they recirculate the air in the room introducing more bacteria to your hands.
– About 7 million cell phones are dropped into the toilet every year along with numerous other items.
– 433 millions miles of toilet paper are used by Americans every year.
– 200,000 bathroom related injuries are reported by hospitals each year.
Article written by Ashley. When she isn’t freelance writing she can be found taking photographs or reading at the beach.