Last Updated on by
Heated flooring not only sounds like a good idea, it’s a decision you’ll never regret. This is one bathroom update that won’t get old. Imagine waking up in the morning and not having to cringe as you step onto your cold tile floor. Heated flooring will have you ready to pop out of bed and hit the floor running! No more laying in bed telling yourself, “Just 5 more minutes!” We know, we’ve all been there before.
What is Radiant Floor Heating?
Radiant Floor Heating (RFH) is a form of heating that involves electric heating coils or water-heated tubing that is installed underneath flooring. Heat radiates through the floor, keeping your toes nice and toasty! Not only is it a tangible luxury, it has hidden benefits that you may not know about!
• Cost effective: Heats up the room evenly and costs less than conventional air-heating systems. Can save 25-50% on your energy bill!
• RFH does not have any moving parts so they are much quieter than traditional heaters.
• Heated flooring resonates well with potential home buyers and can effectively increase your homes resale value!
• Some municipalities even offer tax incentives!
“When ice-cold floors have your tootsies dancing, you probably dream of a better heating system. Sure, furnaces provide the satisfying feeling of hot air blowing on cold hands held in front of the heater vent…but if your feet are cold, you’re probably still miserable. Consider heated flooring – a quieter and often ‘greener’ heating option.”
-Excerpt via RealEstate.com
If you’re interested in learning more about Radiant flooring, be sure to click on the link above to read this wonderful article that was released by the folks at RealEsate.com.
Planning on installing radiant flooring? You’ll probably want to replace your bathroom flooring while you’re at but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here’s a link to our recent blog post that details bathroom flooring selections! Click here to Read it!
More Bathroom Improvements:
- How to Tile a Bathroom Floor Yourself
- How to Heat a Small Bathroom Without Sending Your Electric Bill Through the Roof!
- Bathroom Fireplaces? A New Trend
- Choosing the Right Flooring for Your Bathroom
About this Post
Cheryl Khan is an interior designer and freelance writer who enjoys watching RedBox movies at home with a bowl of popcorn and the volume up really loud!